Saturday, January 2, 2010

Are You A Make Up Slut?


I'm one.


It's probably why my mom gave me the Sephora blockbuster palette for Christmas. Did I leave hints? Hm, yes!


We’re talking 60,000 different looks. 84 eyeshadows, 3 blushes, 60 lip gloss, 2 lip liners, 3 eye liners, 6 cream eyeliners, 6 matte eyeshadows, and 6 sparkly eyeshadows. My very own crayon box.


It rates right alongside my Wicked Witch of the East Barbie, which I also got.


Proof that my witches come by their fun stuff through me.A


nd how life does make circles. When I was little I might get dolls, crayons, and paints for Christmas. I collect stuffed animals and I still get them.


And nothing better than the fun stuff, is there?


I'm also going to be teaching some writing classes on line. You can see them at http://www.storystewuniversity.com/


Linda

5 comments:

  1. I probably haven't worn makeup in almost nine years. But then I never go anywhere, so why bother? *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even when you go to the grocery store or Target?

    I used to skimp on it then one time I had to run out to the vet emergency clinic with my cockatiel. Not major, but not fun for him either. I had wet hair pulled up in a ponytail, no make up. And the clinic receptionist had the newspaper open to a recent interview with me including photo. She looked at me, at the photo and said "you don't look like your picture." Scary! I felt I had a legit reason to be makeup less. And went through it one other time with a trip to the ER and dealing with a gorgeous male nurse while, yep, wet hair in a ponytail, and no make up.

    Anymore, I think I'd at least dab on lip gloss before they carry me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I will go to the grocery store and a couple other places with my face naked, I tend to keep my head down and say prayer after prayer that I don't run into anyone I know.

    I actually know a couple of gals who look fantastic with no make-up. I consider them freaks and tell them so on a regular basis.

    I may not have got quite as many colors as ou got for Christmas but a dear friend got me a fab make-up kit and I've been playing with it ever since. I love make-up and that includes matte red lipstick!

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'm running out on a quick errand, I'll do the face and keep my sunglasses on. I love tinted moisturizer and use that, a bit of bronzer and blush along with lipstick or lip gloss. But I can also do full make up pretty quick that's a neutral look. Although for New Year's Eve I did go the full effect because it was fun.

    Red lipstick is always fun!

    ReplyDelete