Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who Would You Be?



Who Would I Be?

The fun part about writing my witchy series is putting a bit of myself in each character. Usually, it’s my demented sense of humor and my friends will tell you they hear my voice any time they read Jazz’s books.

But if I had a choice for A Demon Does It Better, who would I be?

That’s really a toughie. I adore Deisphe with her bad kitty attitude and her caring nature for her patients. The idea of turning into a sleek leopard sounds like fun.

Lili with her gift of magickal healing. A cozy house, good friends.

But I’d have to say I wouldn’t mind being Cleo for a day. Can you imagine a cat with her history? She’s THAT Cleo! The female who had Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony as lovers along with ruling Egypt.

I’m sure she wanted to be thrown into one of the slinky cats known during that ancient time, and instead is a fluffy gorgeous Persian. But maybe that’s what she likes since she has a good-sized tail to twitch at any admiring male.

Cleo also loves children and enjoys visiting the Pediatric ward where she relates stories. I’m sure she has to make sure many of them are G-rated. She has magick of her own and she has a pretty cushy life. Sleeps when she wants, gets to visit interesting places, and a powerful witch at her beck and call. Sometimes overindulges on catnip wine, but it’s expected when you’re thousands of years old.

I wasn’t going to create a clichéd cat for a witch. I wanted one that was equal to Lili. Cleo is that and more. It’s not just feline arrogance, which she definitely has. She also has a soft heart for anyone hurting. And she’s not above offering a wealth of advice about the opposite sex. Refer to above. Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile.

I like the idea of naps on a silk cushion, a sense of freedom, and hopefully a better diet than your average kitty kibble. Oh that’s right, Cleo only eats gourmet food.

Cleo is a force of supernatural nature. She gives as good as she gets and always comes out on top.

So who wouldn’t want to have that kind of power?

What about you? Would you be willing to hang out inside a critter for awhile?

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment