Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Known Things

We all have something, maybe more about us that not many know or our friends are holding in their memory banks in case of blackmail. I know I do.

So only fair I give up first.

Three little known things about me.

When I was in junior high and high school I had a major crush on actor James Drury, the star of the show The Virginian. I was a big western fan and watched all the shows back then. Robert Fuller ran a major second. I was lucky enough to meet Drury twice and luckily, managed not to drool on him or act too much like an idiotic teenager.

When I was in high school my best friend and I hung out at Knotts Berry on Friday nights. Back then, admission was free and a lot of the guys working there were cute. We got train sick riding the train one entire evening, but we were riding for free and the train robbers were cute and I dated one of them. Along with later dating someone at one of the other attractions.

Author Lynne Michaels and I climbed Diamond Head and when we reached the steps, which were steep and seemed like a million, we named shoe brands and designers for each step. It didn’t make the climb easier, but it helped us make it to the top.

So that’s three things little known about me. What about you? Care to give up even one little known thing?

Linda

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to Google your crush. Can't wait to see what he looks like.

    I'll give up a thing or two:

    I was lucky enough to talk to Heather Graham (author) on the phone and I so wanted to sound intelligent. Unfortunately, I was so star struck I bumbled through like an idiot.

    I didn't have my first kiss until I was 16. Lame!

    I got to sing on stage with Mariah Carey. She was on MY stage with MY band, but one would think she not only owned it, but that it was in the shape of a pedestal!

    ReplyDelete