Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blast to the Past -- Midnight Lady



Midnight Lady was my second Loveswept Romance published in 1994.

I’m a big fan of the classic horror and sci-fi films. I would have been one of those pesky fans who’d want to spend time with Boris Karloff and Vincent Price hoping they’d share stories from their careers.

Since that wasn’t possible, I did the next best thing. I created a film studio that produced classy horror films owned by a once famous horror actor who had a bit of Karloff, Price, Lugosi, and even Lorre in him.

Since Baron Lyons wouldn’t make a good romance book hero and he was more than a little old for it, I gave him a gorgeous daughter, Samantha.

Along with that came magazine writer Kyle Fletcher who’s arrived at the family estate to interview Baron and falls for Samantha along the way.

I wanted to have fun with this book so there’s a body in the windowseat, a hint of a woman’s figure in a window, strange wailing sounds in the halls late at night, and Kyle even has an invisible female visitor in the shower one evening. Is the house haunted? Could Baron Lyons be a vampire or something else? Does Samantha have fangs or just an incredibly sensual hold over Kyle?

And does any of that really matter to him?

I wanted to write something fun. A heroine who grew up hearing Vincent Price read bedtime stories to her. A father who was a star during the golden period of horror movies. And your typical guy who stumbles into a lot more than he expected. Not entirely like the wacky haunted house movies in the 40s and 50s, but there’s still a hint of that in it.

I’m glad the book is back out in ebook form, because it was so much fun to write. I enjoy finding ebooks of the older books I once enjoyed reading and can now have on my Nook.

I hope you’ll give Midnight Lady a try

Kindle -- http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Lady-ebook/dp/B004KABFVE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1331832565&sr=8-3

B&N -- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/midnight-lady-linda-wisdom/1029737748?ean=2940012173850&itm=4&usri=midnight+lady

Smashwords -- http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=midnight+lady

No comments:

Post a Comment