Friday, July 19, 2013

A Yummy Recipe That Will Keep You Out of the Kitchen


Cooking during the hot weather is never fun! But summer or winter I use my crock pot a lot. One of my favorite recipes is my Working Woman’s Stew because you can fool with it in many ways and always fun to experiment.  

And what more fun can one have than to throw dinner in the slow cooker and then go do what you really want to do. And no, I don’t mean cleaning!  

Linda

 

Working Woman's Meat & Gravy

 

2 lb stew meat-minimum

1 envelope dry onion soup mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I’ve also used mushroom with roasted garlic and golden mushroom)

1/2 can water (wine works very well too!)

1 can mushrooms--optional

1/8 cup ketchup

salt & pepper to taste--I use a little Schilling Season All and garlic pepper


Combine all ingredients into crock-pot, cook on low setting for 8 hrs or high setting for 4-5 hrs. Serve over rice or noodles, also works well over mashed potatoes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment