Thursday, August 5, 2010

Reality Intrudes


So many people think an author's life is glamorous.

I wish!! In the past few months we've had major water leaks that come through the garage. The worst just happened where the garage ended up flooded since the water was leaking up through the foundation by the back wall and flowed like a snake ... everywhere.

What? You all didn't hear the screams coming from Southern California?

I was sweeping out water, listening to the three cats that adopted us complain they WEREN'T walking through water to the kibble I keep out for them, and moving boxes before they got any wetter. And having to throw out stuff that had gotten wet. The kind of exercise no one wants to do!
I know more about plumbing than I ever wanted to know.

And Happy Birthday Mom! You deserve an awesome day.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment